|Working with Children Accredited Licence
SPORTSAFE AUSTRALIA CARE
We thank you for purchasing a Sportsafe Australia custom made mouthguard, in order to get the best from your
custom mouthguard we suggest the following:
- Your custom made mouthguard has been manufactured for the sole use of
wash in lukewarm soapy water, after each use.
- Do not place custom made mouthguard in boiling water. They are not the ones
you purchase from the chemist.
- Mouthguards should be worn at training to prevent injuries.
- When mouthguard is not in use,
keep it in the hygienic mouthguard box supplied.
- Do not store the mouthguard box in direct sunlight and do not subject your
mouthguard to extremities of temperature.
- Only an experienced member of our Sportsafe Australia team member should undertake any adjustments
to your custom made mouthguard.
- If your dental anatomy undergoes major changes i.e., with crown or bridge, or major orthodontic
treatment, then a new mouthguard will be required.
- Mouthguards should be checked regularly throughout the season for tears,
distortion or bite-though. Frequency of replacement will depend on the use and quality of care.
- If your mouthguard absorbs a blow,
it should be replaced immediately. Sportsafe Australia is not responsable if a severe blow has caused a tooth to be knocked
the event that an adult (permanent) tooth is knocked out, place the tooth in cold milk (whole milk works
best), in the mouth between cheek and teeth or in water (with a pinch of salt if available). Keep tooth moist at all times.
- See your
dentist as soon as possible, within 30 minutes, for best chances of tooth survival and successful replacement.All instances
of tooth injury require an immediate visit to your dentist.
Do you have a dental emergency?
You may need emergency care if you have:
- an injury to your teeth
- severe bleeding in your mouth
- swelling around your mouth area
- dental pain
What you should do
During the times listed below, telephone The Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne on 1300
360 054 (standard charges apply). Country callers can call 1800 833 039
|Monday to Friday||8:30 am to 9:15 pm|
and public holidays||9:00 am to 9:15 pm|
You may be referred to a community dental clinic or to The Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne, located at 720 Swanston Street, Carlton.
Outside of the above times, please contact the emergency department of a hospital near you
Hygienic Mouthguard Box